The place where abandonware and failed projects are formally allowed to stop haunting me and find a final resting place. May they rest in peace.
A Twinegame about breastfeeding a baby and killing Satan. I started working on this while I was suffering from severe post-partum. It’s actually pretty funny and I’d like to finish it. I kept trying to add game-like mechanics which is unnecessary.
DKTR was my first serious foray into 2D platforming. In the game, if you touch one of the cute little rabbits it exploded spectacularly in a shower of blood. So your task was to avoid the rabbits. At some point you could harvest carrots and throw them, a la Super Mario Bros. 2, to attempt to draw the rabbits into certain areas so they could be more easily avoided.
It was cute and I have no idea what happened to it, except I remember I didn’t like designing tilemaps. The current build doesn’t run, and its been so long since I used Godot it would take a while for me to figure out what happened. I designed it in Godot 2.1, and Godot 3 has since come out.
I had an ambitious plan for a surreal story-based puzzle platformer in Godot. This appears to be a reboot of my original version, which had more levels (TV land, a place inhabited by obsolte electronics; a underground lab; a very tiny town; a very large town; an underwater level). As with my other Godot projects I have no idea how to get it working now. I designed all the sprites and while my pixel art improved as I went along, it was not something I particularly enjoyed doing.
This was a turn-based map exploration visual novel thing about the lone survivor of a research lab attempting to flee a lab explosion by traversing a hostile landscape in a rover. The problem is the rover is homicidal. IIRC this was originally a gamejam concept and I was shoehorning mechanics to fit the theme. Apparently I decided to reboot it as a straight-up visual novel, and that’s where it’s at. Reviewing the files made me want to revisit it, so that’s what I’m doing now.
Stats: The game contains 54 dialogue blocks, containing 479 words and 2,745 characters, for an average of 8.9 words and 51 characters per block. The game contains 0 menus, 0 images, and 23 screens.
My first visual novel idea and a concept I keep coming back to every few years. A sci-fi mystery set on a ship that is on lockdown after a crew member is murdered. My plan was to have a wide CYOA adventure with lots of computer files and archives to explore. It was going to be doable, graphics-wise, because the player is locked in their quarters the entire time and must explore/communicate via console or speaker.
Stats: The game contains 818 dialogue blocks, containing 8,648 words and 45,885 characters, for an average of 10.6 words and 56 characters per block. The game contains 68 menus, 0 images, and 23 screens.
A campy survival horror visual novel inspired by Corpse Party. A group of women are trapped in a haunted mall and have to evade homicidal supernatural elements to figure out what happened and how to break the curse. As usual, asset troubles plagued me, though I did manage to find a good set of free sprites I had trouble finding background art. My goal with this one was to make a straight-forward VN, for once, with traditional sprites, bgs, etc. Reviewing the files, the writing needs work, but I still like the concept.
Stats: The game contains 813 dialogue blocks, containing 9,033 words and 48,358 characters, for an average of 11.1 words and 59 characters per block. The game contains 17 menus, 62 images, and 23 screens.
Skull divider by xelestar