10/14/19 - Site Housekeeping

Tags Web Development

When I started designing templates for the microblog I noticed I have terrible tagging habits, so I began organizing those, then I realized I was missing a lot of useful project notes, so I went on a search and found a stash of markdown files for a 2016 version of this site. Then I realized my urls are also terrible, and I figured out that while Jekyll has a handy plugin for creating archive pages Hugo has no such thing and I screamed quietly on the inside.

The good news is this site unsurprisingly has little to no footprint, the main linked page is the article on 88x31 banners. So I can move things around without causing too much link rot. I’m trying to focus on what is really needed to improve reading/usage and streamline a lot of unnecessary tags.