Apparently my crud-addled brain is too foggy to write, too foggy to code, too foggy to do pretty much anything but AOK to sling around molten solder. Yeehaw. The space required really tiny, fiddly wires, so I used solder bridges. I have no idea how I managed it in my current state, but there it is.
It’s hard to tell from the blurry picture I cannot be bothered to retake but this is a hat that allows the dupont jumpers to be run along the inside of the pro micro so it will just squeeze into the bottom of the handheld. I still need to breakout the RAW pin and hook up the piezo disc, but my protoboards arrived today so this one goes back on the shelf for a bit.