Neonauticon Web Directory
- Bill’s World Wide Boutique - Surf the web like it’s 1999.
- bluef00t - Zines, robots, art, and more.
- cloudworld - A cute, relaxing place. Visit the garden!
- Cyberlife - cy b e r
- Incessant Pain - An excellent writer who blogs and posts reviews.
- Intrinsically Repulsive - On censorship and privacy.
- heyty- Hacker and explorer.
- nightcity - Discussing many personal interests, including terrariums, bonasi, miniature toys, ZX81 and old handheld gaming devices.
- Noko’s Almanac - Musings on tech and cyber.
- paeneultima - Personal artisinal space for an interesting person.]
- QBMikeHawke - A site dedicated to QuickBASIC and the preservation of QB programs.
- Rabid Rodent’s Internet Scrap Heap - Interesting bits, including NES CHR.
- RVKlein - Open design fonts and icons as well as art. I have used some of their designs on this site.
- system/labyrinth - An interesting labyrinth of articles, thought, and mood that isn’t easily categorized. I like it.
- Versus - Classic arcade love
- Web-Site-Ring - A site-of-the-day for old websites.
Sometimes finding a decent, appropriately-sized app that doesn’t have invasive permissions or ads can be a little time consuming.
- andOTP - Android OTP Authenticator
- Aurora Store - Allows downloading of apps off Google Play without linking an acocunt. I’ve been using this instead of Yalp, which no longer works for me.
- Brogue - bilgincoskun’s Brogue port.
- Bromite - Chromium with ad-blocking and privacy features. I’ve found the Firefox variants are really slow on my tablet, Bromite is faster.
- F-Droid Repository - A catalog of free and open-source apps. I look here first, especially if I need something simple.
- Feeder - RSS Feed Reader
- Solitaire Card Games - Never underestimate the usefulness of a small cardgame app. Great small FOSS app with no permissions or ads.
- Bitsy - A game editor for tiny sprite-based games.
- Godot - 2D/3D game engine.
- Ren’Py - Visual Novel engine.
- Twine - Interactive story tool.
Print and Play Games
Some people get into PNP for the papercraft aspect, some get into it to have access to more games. I enjoy it for both reasons. See also: Solitaire PNP Game List
Solitaire gaming, or playing tabletop games solo, is naturally fun for me after so many years enjoying single-player video games. See also: Tabletop Gaming, Solitaire PNP Game List.
Resources for Tabletop gaming more generally, mostly useful stat apps for BoardGameGeek. See also: Solitaire Gaming, Print and Play.
- Boardgamegeek - BGG is the defacto tabletop gaming community. I use this site a lot to share files, buy and trade games, and log plays, plus there are many geeklists and forums for discussion. It is home of the 1 Player Guild and Print and Play Guild. Many annual board game design contests are hosted here, including the Solitare PNP Contest, the 9-Card PNP Design Contest, and the Wargame PNP Contest, to name a few.
- boardgamegeek4android - ccomeaux’s unofficial BGG app. Says it needs Google Play but I was able to run the app without it. I can only install 6.6.7 currently.
- BGG Buddy - A stat app that links to your Boardgamegeek account. This is the easiest way I have found to sort games by the date they were last played.
- Boardgameprices.com - Excellent way to get a quick idea of what a game is currently retailing for and how widely available it is.
- Boiteajeux - Online board game portal
- Bored Gamer Tools - A BGG stat app that includes arbitrary challenges (Insights > Challenges)
- Only You App - A webapp that tells which games only you (or only a few) players logged on BGG in a given month. Compliment to the Games only YOU have played threads.
- Yucata.de - Online board games
- Vassal - Open-source board game engine. A wide range of modules are available for many genres, not just wargames as I originally believed.
Resources for video gamers, including sites that do a wide range of reviews and useful apps. See also: Freeware List of Excellence.
- The Cutting Room Floor - A wiki dedicated to cut video game content.
- DekuDeals - Nintendo Switch price tracking.
- FRAPS - Screencap software.
- [Glorious Trainwrecks] (//www.glorioustrainwrecks.com)- Dev community celebrating beautiful messes.
- Hardcore Gaming 101 - A wealth of articles on gaming, including many obscure titles. I have been able to read about many niche genres here.
- How Long To Beat - Sometimes I want to start a long game. Sometimes I want to play a short one. This site crowd-sources playtimes.
- Is There Any Deal - Price comparison tool for games and bundles.
- itch.io - Indie gaming marketplace. Not just for digital games, includes tabletop, rulebooks, zines, assets, freeware, and more. Has a desktop app.
- The Lost Levels - A blog about unrelased games. The bloggers have since gone on to do other things, but the archives are interesting.
- Obscure Handhelds - A blog covering the many, many portable gaming devices on the market.
- Rock, Paper, Shotgun - PC game reviews and news site. Jolly good.
- Scorchy’s Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II Let’s Play - One of the greatest LPs of our time, on a flawed and amazing game.
- Shmupulations - Archive of English-translated Japanese developer interviews and articles.